For this episode, Rob and I interviewed Shobana Radhakrishnan, Senior Director of Engineering at Google TV.
We talked about:
- Overcoming feeling “stupid” and asking “dumb” questions at large group meetings
- Why women employees don’t need crutches
- Building a culture of psychological safety (no, it doesn’t happen by accident)
- Why taking ownership is the key to career and leadership growth
- Why training job interviewers is of paramount importance
- Dealing with fear and playing outside your comfort zone
- Dealing with naysayers from a place of neutrality and confidence
- The “Friday Night” problem and the problem with having way too many subscriptions
- Why she chose a career in engineering instead of medicine
This was a delightfully rich conversation that will inspire you to grow as a leader and as a human!